12th Apr 2022
Discover Global Energy Services (Day 2) - Capabilities
With an unrivalled reputation for providing flexible response and unique problem solving to their clients, Global Energy Services provides repair and maintenance solutions for both onshore and offshore projects.
By offering services such as rope access, alternative access solutions, scaffolding, fabrication, construction, industrial and marine protective coatings, engineering solutions, and project management, Global Energy Services has a well-formed client base within the oil and gas, renewable energy, construction, and infrastructure sectors.
In addition to the above service offerings, GES can also supply multi-discipline operatives for both on and offshore projects. From supporting wind farms to offshore drilling rigs, the deployment of competent MDO’s significantly reduces the required personnel appointed to these works and ultimately helps to reduce risk and the cost of delivery.
Focusing on the renewable energy sector, GES has recently delivered major on and offshore projects, all of which were carried out safely and to the satisfaction of their clients. These projects included:
- Provision of a Global Wind Organisation trained multi-discipline rope access team which carried out the inspection, coating, mechanical and structural defects of client assets
- Preparation and coating of paint defects in the internal and external generators of wind turbine generators, including repairs over the side. The defects ranged from bare steel to final coating repairs
- Completion of mechanical defects on client assets such as davit cranes, signs, gratings, Unistrut and cable trays, lighting, anchor points, deck strong points, and steel replacement
- Completion of structural defects (secondary steel), which included the fabrication and installation of handrails, gates, hinges, and clamps to replace damaged or defective sections on various wind turbine generators
- Provided fully integrated project management teams to oversee the projects, roles included Project Managers, Site/Field Managers, Lead Planners, Supervisors, Coating Inspectors (NACE / ICORR Level 2 & 3), HSE Advisors, QA/QC Inspectors, Admin and Permit Co-Ordinators, and CTV (Crew Transfer Vessel) Co-Ordinators