Global Energy Group comprises a specialist range of service-focused companies and world-class facilities - all focused on delivering strategic excellence, meeting the challenges and objectives of our clients and looking ahead to the goals to come. Each company within our Group is drive by performance, rigorous safety standards and encouraging a shared culture of innovation and continuous improvement. It's our continued investment that drives these high performance standards and positions us as a leading partner for prominent energy industry clients across a wide range of sectors, and this investment extends to the most valuable resource we have - our people.
Through its expansion and upgrade of the Port of Nigg, Cromarty Firth, we have created a world class infrastructure to attract offshore wind farm and tidal energy array construction. This infrastructure, together with the developed associated skills and competencies, has successfully been employed to help build two offshore wind farms and one tidal array to date, plus fabricated several products for offshore deployment. Further offshore/onshore wind farm construction support has been contracted with a pipeline of committed work through to the mid 2020’s and beyond.
The site at Nigg will also become a manufacturing hub for offshore/onshore renewables developments and is working to position itself for hydrogen production, storage, and distribution. We are at the forefront of the Energy Transition in Scotland, if not the UK and will strive to continue to keep ahead in this fast-developing market.
We are therefore making effective changes and additions to properly resource the targeted expansion of our Renewables & Energy Transition portfolio and so, we have identified a requirement for an experienced and proactive Transport & Installation Engineer to join a dynamic and progressive development team based in our Edinburgh office.
Areas of Responsibility
a) Transport & Installation b) Renewables c) Energy Transition d) Sustainability e) Engineering f) Manufacturing
Job Purpose & Objective
The Transport & Installation Engineer will design, lead and coordinate transportation & installation engineering work in relation to the WTG foundation marshalling, WTG assembly and associated plant T&I scopes within the Port of Nigg for prospective tendering work and involvement / support to the delivery of works at the Port of Nigg (or elsewhere).
The Transport & Installation Engineer is expected to be able and willing to work to the vision, strategy, and core values of the Group.
- Develop port logistics strategy based on WTG foundation, WTG component assembly and marshalling scope requirements paired to facilities at the Port of Nigg.
- Identify and implementing suitable cranage and facilities that have the capability to transport and store the structures being proposed, by working with the Group and wider supply chain as required.
- Interfacing closely with the client and the Group on opportunities during the Concept/FEED/ITT stages to ensure that requirements for T&I are considered and reflected in the tender submission, ensuring a commercially optimal and compliant methodology is presented.
- Maintain ongoing interaction with the T&I supply chain during the design process to understand optimal methodology for marshalling and storage is aligned with port capabilities.
- Lead T&I input into cost base formulation and optimisation for current tenders and execution scopes.
- Work collaboratively with focused team covering a range of renewables work scopes and general undertakings in a positive manner with a problem solving and entrepreneurial focus.
- Reviewing Client methods for transportation and installation whilst being responsible for management of risk and risk mitigation related to the T&I marshalling scopes.
- Accurately reviewing customer specifications and drawings.
- Draft methodology for logistics and marshalling scopes to a high level of quality as per procedures and standards and hold reviews for such accordingly.
- Draw upon inputs from wider business group to provide accurate estimates for scope and delivery methodologies.
- Liaise with relevant heavy lift suppliers, port logistics business units and supply chain to obtain the best methodology, price, and delivery.
- Liaise with relevant business groups department regarding methodology risk and coordinate review and mitigation through leading Risk Worksop’s and reviews with problem-solving mind set.
- Collation of bid documents in a timely manner.
- Maintain costing tools ensuring accurate current alignment with actuals.
- Input to logistics schedules.
- Attend Client meetings representing the Group and holding technical conversations regarding marshalling and storage methodologies and cost drivers, whilst preserving optimal contracting position for the Group.
- All safety rules and regulations in accordance with the organisation's HSE Management System, to be conformed to at all times.
- Participation and delivery of ongoing operations / contract delivery within the R&ET business operations
- Ensure that all tasks carried out by team meet company BMS procedures.
- If required, work overtime to ensure organisational or client deadlines are met.
- ADHOC duties as required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in relevant technical discipline such as Naval Architecture or demonstrable work experience within a similar industry and role.
- Previous experience within the Renewables or Oil & Gas industries.
- Familiar with working in a tendering environment undertaking bid writing.
- Experienced with foundation load-outs, transportation and installation is essential whilst experience working for a developer or offshore installation contractor is desirable.
- Knowledge of CDM and Maritime regulations along with Offshore Lifting and LOLER.
- Possess excellent numeracy, literacy, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works well to tight deadlines and managing priorities effectively.
- Fluent in the use of standard office software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to lead project undertaking, in a collaborative and effective manner with experience of contractual interface management.
- A team player; with a pro-active drive to engage with others.
- Has a strong drive to fulfill responsibilities, and a willingness to take the initiative when faced with opportunities to exceed targets.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Our culture underpins everything we do, ensuring all our people are commercially astute, delivery focused, empowered, entrepreneurial and committed to building long-term working partnerships.