Owners and operators of the world-class Port of Nigg facility, together with strategic bases in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness, Global Energy Group are a service focused, performance driven business, offering construction, maintenance and enhancement solutions to a diverse range of energy industry customers.
We are currently recruiting for a dedicated and enthusiastic Operations Support Engineer to join our Operations team based at our Port of Nigg facility within the Highland area . This role is full-time and will be on a permanent basis.
Please note that the nature of this role requires the ability to travel between facilities as and when required therefore a valid driving licence is essential.
Job Purpose & Objective
The Operations Support Engineer is responsible for supporting the development of conceptual and design, construction and maintenance solutions for engineering tasks relating to Infrastructure Management and Project Management using analytical techniques.
The Operations Support Engineer is required to maintain internal relationships with Stakeholders and all team members as well as maintaining external relationships with clients and intermediaries to a professional standard.
The Operations Support Engineer is expected to be able and willing to work to the vision, strategy and core values of the Group.
- Support the development of detailed designs and technical processes.
- Preparation and implementation of project plans.
- Conducting research and provide estimates for projects.
- Regularly review Government Regulations and Ordinances.
- Monitor and optimise safety procedures, production processes and regulatory compliance.
- Make recommendations or present alternative solutions to issues / problems.
- Liaise with clients and other external intermediaries in a professional and confident manner.
- Attend and participate in client and external intermediaries as and when required.
- Manage project budgets, resources, deadlines and acquire and compile quotes.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, etc.
- Perform structural design and analysis using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Perform field activities such as observing and recording existing field conditions and obtaining and verifying measurements within project areas.
Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or qualified by experience to an equivalent level.
- Previous experience in a similar or relevant role is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar or relevant role within the Oil and Energy industries is preferred.
- Familiar with design software such as Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation.
- Knowledge of map creation software and photo imaging software.
- Sound knowledge of mathematics and physics to identify and solve engineering issues.
- Strong customer and stakeholder focus, consistently checking in on the expectations of our key clients.
- Hunger to continually be aware of emerging trends to process and achieve the best result.
- A critical and methodical thinker/problem solver who is able to work under pressure, assess enquiries and exercise sound judgement.
- Capable of implementing best practice principles through continuous improvement strategies to deliver industry leading performance.
- Ability to focus on speed and fast track strategies to be able to solve unforeseen problems or incorporating new ideas and technologies.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.