Owners and operators of the
world-class Port of Nigg facility, together with strategic bases in Edinburgh,
Aberdeen and Inverness, the Global Energy Group are a service focused,
performance driven business, offering construction, maintenance and enhancement
solutions to a diverse range of energy industry customers.
Our culture underpins everything we do, ensuring all our
people are commercially astute, delivery focused, empowered, entrepreneurial
and committed to building long-term working partnerships.
We are currently looking for an experienced professional for the role of Senior Software Developer to join our growing Business Solutions team within our IT division. The Senior Software Developer role is based at our Head Office in Inverness.
The Talent and Leadership Partner is required to build cross group relationships with stakeholders of all levels.
Job Purpose & Objective
The Software Developer will support the Business Units efficiency through the development and design of specialised software.
The Software Developer will work with other members of the Business Solutions Team to develop, deploy and improve required software solutions. This may include integrating existing software products and getting seemingly incompatible platforms to work together.
The individual is expected to be able and willing to work to the vision, strategy, and core values of the Group.
- Supporting business transition and helping to establish change.
- Understanding and mapping business needs and processes
across the organisation.
- Gathering, identifying, and documenting business requirements using a variety of proven business analysis methodologies.
- Document and articulate the impact of proposed solutions on benefits, costs and risks, in accordance with our marginal gain ethos and a focus on return on investment.
- Work effectively with internal and 3rd party providers to scope, implement, test and deploy solutions to business problems.
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of training and
reference material on the new processes and software systems.
- Assist in the post go-live support of the systems and
ongoing continual improvement.
- Work closely with other Business Systems Analysts to
facilitate knowledge share.
- Interface with Business Units and any relevant Project
- Communicate requirements clearly and accurately to the
Software Development team for solution development.
- If required escalate any request to the Business Solutions
Manager for resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Business Solutions Manager.
Experience & Qualifications
- A degree or other higher education qualification in a computer science/software engineering discipline and/or equivalent experience within a commercial IT environment.
- Experience of the full software development stack and lifetime cycle.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft .NET and Web programming languages:
- .NET Core
- Azure DevOps
- Experience working with programming concepts in a commercial environment.
- Experience working with Databases and SQL programming language.
- Ability work in an Agile software development methodology.
- Ability to learn new applications and systems.
- Ability to effectively document and comment advanced
- Effectively manage time while working on multiple
assignments with guidance as to relative priorities of assignments.
- Ability to handle confidential
information and materials with discretion and integrity.
- Ability to handle interruptions and shifting priorities,
maintain focus on tasks, pay attention to details, and produce accurate work.
- Hunger to continually learn new technologies to progress
and achieve the best results.
- Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills.
- A critical and methodical thinker/problem solver who can
work under pressure, assess enquiries and exercise sound judgement.
In addition to the Competencies of a Software Developer as detailed above the Senior Software Developer should have the following.
- Ability to lead individual projects of a large and complex
- Recognised as a domain knowledge expert.
- Ability to identify and deliver new and latest technology
- Ability to mentor more junior Software Developer team members.
- Work with the Business Solutions Team Manager to create new
and update existing policies and procedures.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.