Global Energy Group comprises a specialist range of service-focused companies and world-class facilities - all focused on delivering strategic excellence, meeting the challenges and objectives of our clients and looking ahead to the goals to come. Each company within our Group is drive by performance, rigorous safety standards and encouraging a shared culture of innovation and continuous improvement. It's our continued investment that drives these high performance standards and positions us as a leading partner for prominent energy industry clients across a wide range of sectors, and this investment extends to the most valuable resource we have - our people.
Through its expansion and upgrade of the Port of Nigg, Cromarty Firth, we have created a world class infrastructure to attract offshore wind farm and tidal energy array construction. This infrastructure, together with the developed associated skills and competencies, has successfully been employed to help build two offshore wind farms and one tidal array to date, plus fabricated several products for offshore deployment. Further offshore/onshore wind farm construction support has been contracted with a pipeline of committed work through to the mid 2020’s and beyond.
The site at Nigg will also become a manufacturing hub for offshore/onshore renewables developments and is working to position itself for hydrogen production, storage, and distribution. We are at the forefront of the Energy Transition in Scotland, if not the UK and will strive to continue to keep ahead in this fast-developing market.
We are therefore making effective changes and additions to properly resource the targeted expansion of our Renewables & Energy Transition portfolio and so, we have identified a requirement for an experienced and proactive Estimator to join a dynamic and progressive development team based in our Edinburgh office.
Areas of Responsibility
a) Estimating b) Renewables c) Energy Transition d) Sustainability e) Engineering f) Manufacturing
- Reporting to the Head of Tendering and Proposals, the Estimator requires daily interface with all stakeholders in the Renewables & Energy Transition team and wider Group as well as Clients and supply chain.
- Accurately reviewing customer specifications and drawings.
- Draft methodology for fabrication as per procedures and standards and hold reviews for such accordingly.
- Provide accurate estimates for price and delivery requirements.
- Liaise with material suppliers and supply chain to obtain the best price and delivery.
- Liaise with relevant business groups department regarding design issues.
- Actively participate in Risk Workshops and reviews with problem-solving mind set.
- Collation of bid documents in a timely manner.
- Maintain costing tools ensuring accurate current alignment with actuals.
- Input to production schedules.
- Attend Client meetings representing the Group and holding technical conversations regarding build methodologies and cost drivers.
- All safety rules and regulations in accordance with the organisation's HSE Management System, to be conformed to at all times.
- Ensure that all tasks carried out by team meet company BMS procedures.
- If required, work overtime to ensure organisational or client deadlines are met.
- ADHOC duties as required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Qualification in Engineering (vocational or degree-level) or demonstrable experience in working as Estimator within Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- Working understanding of Proposals within the energy industry and bid writing.
- Experience in estimating cost and time for fabricated Steel structures.
- Familiar with the operation of various types of machine shop equipment.
- Knowledge of Stainless Steel and "exotic" components.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and understand technical specifications.
- Analytical with the ability to understand complex information and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong numerical skills and attention to detail.
- High standard of communication and organisational skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to working environments and requirements.
- Ability to work to strict standards and procedures and on their own initiative.
- Competent with the use of IT systems such as Microsoft Office, Auto-CAD and Primavera (not essential).
- Focus on Customer Service, Quality and HSE Awareness.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Our culture underpins everything we do, ensuring all our people are commercially astute, delivery focused, empowered, entrepreneurial and committed to building long-term working partnerships.