Quality Assistant (Temporary/Part-time) based at Nigg
Our Port of Nigg (Global Energy Services) is strategically located in the Cromarty Firth, with direct access to the North Sea, our Port of Nigg facility is widely recognised for its multi-sector capability — a renewables hub offering unique turnkey solutions to customers in the international energy business.
They are currently recruiting for a Temporary Quality Assistant (0.4 FTE/part-time) to support the HSEQ team. It is envisaged that the role will continue until June 2025.
Job Purpose & Objective
The QA Assistant for Global Energy Services is to deal with all Quality issues in order to meet statutory, customer and corporate requirements.
The QA Assistant reports directly to the Head of Group HSEQ Manager
The responsibilities of the QA Assistant shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- General administrative duties - creating documentation, correspondence, presentations etc.
- Setting up suppliers.
- Ensure that all required Quality Certification is promoted/accessible in correct areas.
- Liaise with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Maintain control of documents and procedures.
- Ensure compliance objectives / targets are updated monthly.
- Collate and analyse performance data and charts against defined parameters.
- Create profiles for the Port of Nigg Induction.
- Support the HSEQ manager with quality related issues.
Various other ad-hoc duties, including data management and filing; Scanning and saving all project related information onto the Drives.
Experience, Qualification and Attributes: -
- Understanding of GEG Quality Management Systems.
- Customer focused approach and sound commercial awareness.
- Attention to detail.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Personal Responsibilities: -
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT; -
- Comply with all HSE Regulatory requirements, at all times. Report accidents and near misses using the correct methods, ensuring that the team are also aware of their responsibilities.
- Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping, ensuring work areas are free from waste & trip hazards.
- Comply with site rules/policy, at all times.
- Demonstrate, through action, a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support, through compliance, our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others, who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT; -
- Undertake agreed training, in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required, to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit, in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role (including IT related training for MS office suite).
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
QUALITY ASSURANCE; -
- Comply with and support the Business Management System, within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Support the development, modification, and adherence to procedures and/or processes, to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Our culture underpins everything we do, ensuring all our people are commercially astute, delivery focused, empowered, entrepreneurial and committed to building long-term working partnerships.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your application, in the form of current CV, to: -
Closing Date 8th