Group Tax Manager
The Group Tax Manager will manage the tax risk, compliance and reporting for the Group and its subsidiaries, for all taxes. The role will need to maintain and enhance relationships with key stakeholders and become a trusted advisor to them and the Board. Development of the tax team and wider finance function where appropriate. Also look to support the Payroll and People & Culture teams with tax technical advice on employment taxes.
- Lead the tax reporting and tax audit process for the Group, delivering accurate tax balances, tax notes and disclosures for financial statements.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across the Group in relation to tax matters, including but not limited to Managing Directors, Board Members, Group CFO, Group Financial Controller, tax advisors, HMRC and Senior Accounting Officer.
- Ensure all compliance deadlines are met and compliance requirements are kept continuously up to date, including but not limited to, corporation tax returns, VAT returns, P11D and PSA reporting, CIS, CCO Act requirements and tax strategy.
- Lead the relationship with HMRC, managing the annual business risk review process and all communications between the Group and HMRC.
- Manage any overseas tax reporting and filings, as well as assisting Group entities with entry into new territories.
- Drive continuous improvement in the tax processes, including education of the broader finance team and business where necessary.
- Regularly monitor and assess material tax risk and communicate as appropriate to the relevant key stakeholders.
- Assist with due diligence and M+A activity where necessary.
- Demonstratable experience of working with others in large, matrixed organisations.
- Influencer that can both support day-to-day operations and shape the strategy of the Group.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy coupled with IT literacy and the ability to gather both quantitative and qualitative data and analyse, interpret and communicate this in a clear way.
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships, negotiate, facilitate and manage conflict resolution.
- Self-starter who works effectively and efficiently whilst demonstrating resilience and responsiveness to issues in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Chartered Tax Advisor.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Tax Manager in current or previous roles (candidates from Practice will also be considered).
- A knowledge of Customs Duty legislation desirable but not necessary.
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.