What we do?
Global Energy Group provides an end-to-end project marshalling offering, an example of such detailed below relates working alongside Atlantis Resources to deliver their MeyGen project - the world’s largest free stream tidal power project, Global’s Nigg facility was chosen as the base for provision of a range of turbine fabrication, manufacture, assembly and logistical support services for the 398MW scheme in the Pentland Firth;
Port Agency Services covering customs clearance, vessel arrival/departures, berthing, gangway, security, utilities; water, fuel & air along with management of waste disposal via our portfolio companies Global Port Services and NIGG Energy Park.
Marshalling & Storage covering laydown & storage, plant & equipment (heavy mobile cranes, forklifts, SPMT’s & HGV’s) via our portfolio companies Global Port Services and NIGG Energy Park.
Assembly & Load-out covering WTG Tower Section Assembly, fit-out and loadout via our portfolio companies, Global Port Services, GEG Access & Coatings & formally Isleburn.
What differentiates us?
- Ownership of Nigg Energy Park enhances the services offered by Global Port Services as the growing demand for available quayside and cargo storage in the North Sea increases significantly to support ongoing and future projects in the region.
- Investment in large fleet of 23 heavy mobile cranes ranging from 35t to 1,000t.
- Retained skilled workforce of multi-discipline marine and logistics personnel.
- In-house agency, technical, operations and management teams with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Fleet of harbour tugs, workboats and barges to support group and client operations.
How we evolved?
Global Port Services was originally an organic start up, formerly called Global Logistics, which grew into a leading provider of marine logistics & operations in the region, through a combination of acquisitions (Highland Stevedoring Limited and the assets of Port Services Invergordon), Plant Investments (principally technologically advanced mobile heavy cranes and heavy haulage) and appointment of skilled resource covering technical and leadership.