What we do?
Global Energy Group provides an end-to-end project marshalling offering, an example of such detailed below relates to the recently secured SSE Beatrice Offshore Wind Development on behalf of Siemens; this is typically provided by Global Port Services (Scotland) Ltd.
Port Agency Services
Covering customs clearance, vessel arrival/departures, berthing, gangway, security, utilities; water, fuel & air along with management of waste disposal via our portfolio companies Global Port Services and Nigg Energy Park.
covering laydown & storage, plant & equipment (heavy mobile cranes, forklifts, SPMT’s & HGV’s) via our portfolio companies Global Port Services and NIGG Energy Park.
Covering WTG tower section assembly, fit-out and loadout via our portfolio companies.
What differentiates us?
- The Port of Nigg provides deep water berths, high ground loading capability, significant laydown areas and one of the largest dry docks in Europe.
- Ownership of Nigg Energy Park enhances the full service offering provided by Global group companies as the growing demand for available quayside and cargo storage in the North Sea increases significantly to support ongoing and future projects in the region.
- Investment in large fleet of heavy mobile cranes ranging from 35t to 1,000t.
- Retained skilled workforce of multi-discipline marine and logistics personnel.
- In-house port agency, technical, operations and management teams with extensive experience in the energy industry.
- Fleet of harbour tugs, workboats and barges to support group and client operations.
How we evolved?
Global Port Services (Scotland) Ltd was originally an organic start up, formerly Global Logistics, which grew into a leading provider of marine logistics & operations in the region, through a combination of acquisitions (Highland Stevedoring Limited and the assets of Port Services Invergordon), plant investments (principally technologically advanced mobile heavy cranes and heavy haulage) and appointment of skilled resource covering technical and leadership.