What we do?
From the manufacture of complex 600 tonne containment modules under contract to the MOD for maintenance of the UK’s submarine fleet through to the supply of critical piping systems in stainless steel and exotic alloys Global has proven itself highly capable of meeting the UK’s highest qulaity and security requirements. As well as working directly on MOD assets it is also contracted to key tier 1 and tier 2 defence contractors building process plant modules to be used in the construction of the next generation of nuclear submarines which will replace the existingTrident fleet.
What differentiates us?
- Provision of front-end manufacturing/constructability support from concept through detailed design.
- Self-delivery model on critical path activities spanning fabrication, machining, coatings, bolt tensioning, flushing /hydro testing and associated load-out activity.
- Manufacturing facilities situated at natural deep-water ports, close to UKCS growth regions with scale to build multiple modules upwards of 1,000te in controlled environments.
- Investment in latest automated manufacturing processes to maximise efficiency, including CNC plate and pipe profiling, fully & semi-automated welding, blast, paint as TSA coatings applications.
- Non-unionised site with local workforce, flexible to meet the demands of accelerated turn-around projects.
How we evolved?
Global Energy Group established its subsea equipment manufacturing capability through a combination of acquisitions (Isleburn, O.I.L. Engineering and the assets of IFAB), Facility Investments (principally Invergordon & Nigg Energy Park) and skilled resource training and development programmes spanning trades through technical and leadership.