Global Energy Group are currently recruiting for a Technical Services Manager to join our dynamic and forward-thinking Technical Services Team based at our world-class Port of Nigg facility.
Job Purpose & Objective
The Technical Services Manager will focus on working with the Management Team and Senior Stakeholders on ensuring the Group’s IT and communication systems meet the current and future demands of the organisation.
The Technical Services Manager is responsible for developing and managing the delivery of the IT Strategy and architecture to underpin the growth in our Port of Nigg facility alongside day to day responsibility for the Technical Services Team.
Please note that the nature of this role requires the ability to travel between Group facilities as and when required therefore a valid driving licence is essential.
The Technical Services Manager is expected to lead by example and be able and willing to work to the vision, strategy and core values of the Group.
Collaborate with technical staff and the senior management team to create a strategic plan for technical services to enhance our service offering.
- Ensure strategic plans are delivered on time and within budget.
- Build a componentised IT solution for Nigg Energy Park to make it fit for the future.
- Establish resources required for projects and present business cases at board level.
- Keep abreast of developments in the technological and management sectors.
- Internal and External Stakeholder management.
- Responsible for overseeing IT security and compliance.
- Maintain customer satisfaction levels and work with IT Management team to ensure standards are maintained and improved.
- Manage the on-boarding of new companies through the acquisition process.
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to staff.
- Develop the team to meet the changing needs of users, management, acquisitions and changing geographical landscape.
- Work in partnership with Team Leaders to manage staff (i.e. hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline and discharge processes).
- Manage Technical Services Budget, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget reviews.
- Work closely and build relationships with the following: Senor Leadership Team, IT Management Team, On-Site client’s management Team, IT Critical Suppliers, Health & Safety Representatives and Business Unit Management.
Experience & Qualification
Experienced at a professional level with a proven track record in a similar role within the technology and energy sectors, ideally within a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Demonstratable experience in managing operational transformation and negotiating and influencing senior management and stakeholders.
- High level of practical experience and knowledge in defining and implementing IT strategies is essential along with IT solution delivery utilising Microsoft Cloud Technologies.
- Experienced in working with complex network technologies and routing.
- Experienced in delivery of 27001 or equivalent Data Management and Information Security framework.
- Proven experience of managing employees within a service environment and maximising the performance of their team.
- Familiar with performing analysis of straight forward system functionality.
- Working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures as it relates to network security.
- Ability to gain detailed knowledge of general system architecture and functionality, as well as detailed knowledge of specific sub-systems.
- Effectively manage time while working on multiple assignments with guidance as to relative priorities of assignments.
- Strong customer focus, consistently achieving goals and delivering on expectations with the ability to relate to all levels within the Group.
Hunger to continually learn new technologies to progress and achieve the best results.
- A critical and methodical thinker/problem solver who is able to work under pressure, assess enquiries and exercise sound judgement.
- Capable of implementing best practice principles through continuous improvement strategies to deliver industry leading performance.
- Ability to focus on speed and fast track strategies to be able to solve unforeseen problems or incorporating new ideas and technologies.
- Consistently achieve goals and deliver on expectations to build the reputation and brand of the Group.
- Recognise the importance of investing in employees and maximising their abilities for the benefit of the Group and our people.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Our culture underpins everything we do, ensuring all our people are commercially astute, delivery focused, empowered, entrepreneurial and committed to building long-term working partnerships.