The Senior Structural Designer is accountable for producing and maintaining structural design deliverables (including, but not limited to, drawings, BOM's, 3D models & Sketches) in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications, and within the timescale and budget set out by the Lead Structural Designer. The position must support in the overall delivery of Global Energy Group's business objectives through the aligning of deliverables to the individual Business Unit Strategy.
The responsibilities of the Senior Structural Designer shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
Produce structural deliverables in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
Check structural deliverables in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
Prepare & check material take-offs and bill of materials.
Undertake offshore surveys and create survey reports.
Provide technical input during detailed engineering of projects if requested.
Establish good working relationships and communication with discipline leads and department managers
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 7 Years’ experience in the Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industry and ONC in engineering or equivalent or;
- 6 Years’ experience in Oil & Gas/Petrochemical industry and HNC in Mechanical Engineering or;
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software
- Must have good working knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Relevant Offshore Mandatory Requirements (Survival, Medical, MIST, EBS etc.)