The Senior Piping Engineer is accountable for overseeing, producing and maintaining piping engineering deliverables (including but not limited to: technical notes, calculations, analyses) in accordance with industry standards, code, legislation and client specifications. The position must support in the overall delivery of Global Energy Groups business objectives through the aligning of deliverables to that of the individual Business Unit strategy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation of CTR’s and man hour estimates.
- Create, check and respond to technical queries.
- Check and approve detailed design drawings of piping systems & supports in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Provide technical input during detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication and testing of projects.
- Responsible for technical and engineering decision making associated with any given scope of work.
- Creation and checking of PED technical files.
- Create and maintain company PMA’s.
- Review contractor/vendor designs and reports.
- Carry out engineering checks on construction workpacks for piping modifications/repair orders.
- Contribute to the development of engineering staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: Certification Requirements:
- 12 Years’ experience in the Oil & Gas / Petrochemical Industry
- Degree Qualified in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Must have good working knowledge of piping codes and standards (ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI etc…)
- Relevant Offshore Mandatory Requirements (Survival, Medical, MIST, EBS etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of AutoCAD 2D & 3D software