Global Energy (Group) Ltd – Site Services are currently looking for a Project Engineer to join their team this an initial three month contracting period with the possibility of leading to a permanent staff position.
The role is based in Global’s Evanton facility with occasional travel to customer sites throughout the UK.
They will be responsible for co-ordinating all engineering aspects of assigned project work and ensure that the work undertaken as part of the Scope of Work meets the standards laid down in the company quality procedures, International codes and client specifications.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishing close internal working relationships with the Project Manager, Supervisors and Workshop Personnel to ensure that project objectives are being achieved and that cost effective and efficient engineering practice is being undertaken
- Ensuring that the Project Manager is kept appraised on any events that may have impact on the overall project delivery or completion date
- Ensuring that the Contractor and Client’s quality requirements are met in relation to the performance of activities defined in the Scope of Work
- Ensuring that Global Energy (Group) and Client’s quality requirements are clearly understood, communicated and achieved
- Assist the Project Manager with quality management, customer care, service performance
- Responsible for generation of work scope Method Statement and Risk Assessment
- Establishing close external relationship with client and liaising with the Client Engineers on all technical matters
- Responsible for ensuring that through regular client interface & progress meetings, project targets are being achieved
- Continual monitoring of project schedules to ensure they are being maintained
- Monitoring and controlling project costs ensuring contracts are delivered on time and within budget
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Engineering qualification (Mechanical, Civil or similar) and / or 5 years minimum documented experience in an engineering position
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Strong IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD would be preferred
- Excellent team working skills as well as an ability to work alone
- A full UK/EU driving licence