The role of Project Engineer is based within the Fabrication projects team and is responsible for the technical and commercial estimating, engineering and management of Client project(s) to meet specified requirements. The position must support in the overall delivery of Global Energy Groups business objectives through the aligning of deliverables to that of the individual Business Unit strategy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical and commercial project engineering (inc management) of client projects from estimating through to project delivery, ensuring adequate interfaces exist between both clients and production personnel ensuring that GEG maximizes revenues, margin and customer satisfaction
- Develop Cost and Schedule, including CTR's, manpower histograms, plan and job card
- Completion and maintenance of GEG Job pack
- Accountable for project estimating and tendering
- Maintain relationships with clients (existing and new) and follow up of quotations issued
- FPAL close out meetings with vendors and clients
- Maintain Drawing Register as required
- Source materials & services as necessary
- Assume full technical & commercial project responsibility
- Liaise with clients on technical & commercial issues providing timely and concise resolution to challenges
- Attend Production Meetings
- Ensure timely completion of assigned projects
- Prepare and present ad-hoc reports to clients and senior management
- Manage project costs and project variations in a timely manner
- Invoice projects on completion
- Maintain accurate and current job files
- Input sent quote details to IGRIS system
- Open Project Estimates and activate projects
- Any other general duties that you may be requested to complete
QUALIFICATIONS: Certification Requirements:
- Five years plus experience in relevant role.
- Demonstrable experience in Structural fabrication in estimating jobs and managing workscopes on behalf of clients.
- Ten years’ experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Must have good working knowledge of industry codes and standards.
- Experience in leading and developing teams.
- Degree qualified in Business or relevant related discipline.
- Working knowledge of planning (specifically P6) and cost related systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, diligence and self-discipline.
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project/company goals.