The role of Project Engineer is responsible for co-ordinating all engineering aspects of project work and ensure that the work undertaken as part of the Scope of Work meets the standards laid down in the company quality procedures, International codes and client specifications. The Project Engineer must support in the overall delivery of Global Energy Groups business objectives through the aligning of deliverables to that of the individual Business Unit strategy.
- Provide technical and commercial project engineering (inc management) of client projects from estimating through to project delivery, ensuring adequate interfaces exist between both clients and production personnel ensuring that GEG maximisesrevenues, margin and customer satisfaction.
- Develop Cost and Schedule, manpower histograms, plan and job card
- Accountable for project estimating and tendering
- Establishing close internal working relationships with the Operations Manager, Facility Managers, Facility Superintendents, QC Inspectors, Supervisors and Production Personnel to ensure that project objectives are being achieved and that cost effective and efficient engineering practice is being undertaken.
- Ensuring that the Operations Manager is kept appraised on any events that may have impact on the overall project delivery or completion date.
- Ensuring that the Contractor and Client’s quality requirements are met in relation to the performance of activities defined in the Scope of Work
- Ensuring that Global Energy (Group) and Client’s quality requirements are clearly understood, communicated and achieved.
- Assist the Operations Manager with quality management, customer care, service performance, HSE implementation and staff development for all those under their control.
- Establishing close external relationship with client and liaising with the Client Engineer on all technical matters,
- Responsible in conjunction with the Operations Manager and Quality Manager for identification of sub-contract activities, the award of the sub-contract and the control of sub-contractors.
- Identifying critical path components, and ensure that long lead items are expedited and delivered so as not to impact on the overall project delivery schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring that through regular client interface & progress meetings, project targets are being achieved.
- Continual monitoring of project schedules to ensure they are being maintained.
- Ensure work productivity is carried out in a cost conscious manner.
- Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of Global Energy Group and is within the remit of the post.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering qualification and / or 5 years minimum documented experience as a Project Engineer in Utilities and / or Engineering industry.
- Knowledge in Pipework fabrication
- Experience in Pipework estimating
- Knowledge in Structural fabrication
- Experience working within Subsea
- Experience project estimating
- Good client interfacing skills
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in fabrication with a proven track record of estimating capabilities.
The role is based at South Fabrication at the Nord Centre, Aberdeen.