Global Energy Group, owners and operators of the world-class Port of Nigg facility, together with strategic bases in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness, are a service focused, performance driven business, offering construction, maintenance and enhancement solutions to a diverse range of energy industry customers.
The Group are currently recruiting for highly experienced Planner to support ongoing projects. The role will be based at our sites across Invergordon, Evanton and Nigg. Flexible working may be considered appropriate to project requirements.
Preferred significant fabrication experience with NEC 3 knowledge in a manufacturing environment.
Job Purpose & Objective
The Planner has the responsibility for the development and update of the detailed project programme, including the gathering and reporting of progress against the programme, whilst implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards.
The position must support in the overall delivery of Global Energy Groups business objectives through the aligning of deliverables to that of the individual Business Unit strategy.
- Plan and prioritise own work to ensure that functional project requirements on scope, time and cost are met.
- Contribute to the planning strategy, so that the approach taken is effective and appropriate to the project needs and client requirements.
- To prepare and issue plans and associated documents that are base lined against the agreed budgets and targets.
- Receive and input data i.e. project milestones, activities, constraints into the planning system for scheduling.
- Identify activities and apply logic links where appropriate to enable schedule time analysis.
- Identify work groups, packs and cluster activity to optimise the programme.
- Review actual dates v planned dates, prioritise activities and report issues as required.
- Attend / lead the planning review meetings.
- Monitor and report on progress and earned value, to support forecasting and any necessary corrective action
- Liaise with the project team and planners to resolve conflicts.
- To report risks / changes against schedules to the Leadership Team in a timely and concise manner.
- When required run schedule risk analysis session.
- Provide planning input to estimating, so that all relevant issues, actions and risks are understood and considered.
Experience & Qualification
- Extensive experience of detailed project planning using P6.
- Previous exposure to NEC suite of contracts is preferred.
- Experience in reporting, project controls, EVA, risk analysis, risk mitigation and presentation.
- at management level.
- Must have site and or fabrication experience and seeking & reporting actual progress in those environments.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Our culture underpins everything we do, ensuring all our people are commercially astute, delivery focused, empowered, entrepreneurial and committed to building long-term working partnerships.
If you looking for a new challenge where you truly want to make a difference, please click on the APPLY button below!