As part of the ongoing strategic efforts of Global Energy Group (GEG), we are now recruiting for a Market Analyst to work across
the business and support senior managements aspiration in further developing the group in key markets.
This is a new role and will report to the Corporate Development Director of GEG, based in Aberdeen, on a daily basis. The Market
Analyst will also have extensive exposure to the broader leadership team of GEG and will work regularly with the Chairman in
support strategic projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing market intelligence, assisting with the broader customer relationship
management process and ultimately supporting senior management in making more informed decisions in terms of where
resources are deployed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop strong understanding of market dynamics, key players and the competitive landscape.
- Establish business specific and/or market specific intelligence to identify key market trends and potential opportunities for GEG.
- Build rounded picture of market and the opportunities’ that exist for GEG therein, specifically identifying the options available to expand market share and differentiate GEG’s value proposition.
- Map out customers in each market and identify/track prospects where GEG can support the respective customers across the project lifecycle.
Customer Positioning & Competitor Analysis
- Support Business Development teams in developing Customer Account Plans for selected strategic customers.
- Support Business Development teams in tracking key opportunities in the market and developing Win Plans for key opportunities/pursuits.
- Input updates to CRM system for tracking of key opportunities/pursuits.
- Prepare market and/or business unit specific competitor analysis to help better understand GEG’s market position and associated threats/opportunities.
Business Planning & General Support
- Support Business Unit Managing Directors in developing periodic Business Plans and longer term strategies.
- Prepare presentation material as required for any customer presentations, exhibitions, trade shows and conferences.
- Conduct any other analysis as required to help support GEG’s growth (i.e. identification of potential strategic partners where opportunities justify approach).
- Profile companies which may be of interest to GEG from a strategic partnering or M&A perspective.
- Attend networking events, shows, seminars as required.
- Develop working relationships with key stakeholders across key GEG functions and business units.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with the GEG Policies and Procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: Certification Requirements:
- Undergraduate in Business/Finance/Economics/Engineering orientated degree
- Excels in Business Development capacity
- Excellent attention to detail, diligence and self-discipline
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of a project
- Three years plus experience in relevant role
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Excellent communication skills