Our Marine Division are looking for an experienced Health & Safety individual for the role of HSE Manager to join their team based at Nigg Energy Park.
We would welcome applications from individuals in a similar role or someone looking for the next step in their career following senior roles in oil/gas/construction/rail/civil engineering/fabrication.
This is an important full-time staff appointment for our Marine Division, which will report directly into the Marine Division Director & be responsible for HSE operations & resources / personnel.
You will be required to support in the overall delivery of the Group’s business objectives, whilst implementing departmental procedures in line with Company standards, acting as a Role model, demonstrating high standards of ethics & professionalism, aligned to our Company Core Values.
Responsible for managing Implementation of the documented Health & Safety management system to comply with all appropriate Health & Safety Legislation.
- Driving a culture of Health & Safety excellence throughout the business.
- Communicate Health & Safety rules throughout the business.
- Ensure on-going compliance to Health & System legislation.
- Report the HSE status and development requirements to GEG Directors.
- Managing the business improvement process.
- Conducting Internal HSE audits.
- Co-ordinate third party audit and certification activities.
- Assist in tender review and preparation.
- Review production of manufacturing dossiers.
- Improving contractor related controls and conducting contractor audits.
- Manage the risk assessment program.
- Provide internal Health & Safety training and co-ordinate external training activities.
- Ensure competence requirements are achieved and correctly recorded.
- Ensure any accidents and incidents are correctly reported including RIDDOR.
- Co-ordinate company safety investigation activities.Comply at all times with HSE requirements and actively encourage the workforce to become involved in the GEG HSE culture.
- Full understanding of the challenges of managing the complete range of Health & Safety issues in the sector
- Equally comfortable operating as part of a team or on a standalone basis.
- Strong project management skills.
- Sound business acumen with a practical, solutions‐driven approach to industry challenges & Member requirements.
- Sound knowledge of Major Accident and Risk management
- Management and implementation of companies’ environmental management system.
- Ensure the companies compliance with current environmental legislation.
- Identify the companies’ environmental aspects and methods to reduce their impact on the environment.
- Manage continual improvement of the companies’ waste reduction and recycling activities.
- Communicate environmental controls throughout the business.
- Manage environmental risk assessment process.
- Provide internal environmental training and coordinate external training activities.
- Record and maintain environmental pollutions or incidents on the companies’ registers.
- Participate and coordinate accident, incident & near miss investigations.
- Minimum Competency / Qualifications / Experience
- BSc / NEBOSH Diploma / S/NVQ 5
- 5 years’ experience in heavy industry environment (E.g. oil/gas/construction/rail/civil engineering/fabrication)
- BSc / EIMA Diploma / NEBOSH Diploma
Nigg Energy Park but may be required to temporarily relocate to meet the needs of the business and or project.