Learning & Development Partner
Owners and operators of the world-class Port of Nigg facility, together with strategic bases in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness, Global Energy Group are a service focused, performance driven business, offering construction, maintenance and enhancement solutions to a diverse range of energy industry customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced Learning & Development professional for the role of Learning & Development Partner to join our growing People & Culture team. The Learning & Development Partner will be based at our Head Office in Inverness.
The Learning & Development Partner is required to build cross group relationships with stakeholders of all levels.
Travel between our facilities within the Highland and Grampian areas is required therefore a current full UK Driving license is essential.
Job Purpose & Objective
The Learning and Development Partner will serve as an effective business partner to the People and Culture team. Leading the development and implementation of a new on-boarding induction, focusing on developing and implementing an apprenticeship and graduate scheme and delivering a range of training across the business utilising current and industry leading training approaches.
- Contributes to the success of the People and Culture team through the delivery of people and learning activities, ensuring they are aligned to business needs.
- Designs, develops and implements Group wide learning solutions which create value for colleagues, customer and shareholders.
- Undertakes thorough training needs analysis and uses this to inform the central leadership development plan.
- Develops a blended approach to learning across the business including e-learning, virtual classrooms and classroom-based learning events.
- Develops and delivers innovative apprenticeship and graduate schemes to engage future talent throughout the business.
- Develops our leaders of the future through engaging and thought provoking Early in Career programmes.
- Develops strong working relationships with senior stakeholders across the Group to ensure an efficient and seamless employee journey.
- Develops, monitors and presents key People and Culture metrics to support business decision making.
- Works with colleagues to ensure an effective leadership succession plan is in place across the Group.
- Keeps abreast of market developments and stays ahead of our competition in terms of best practice in Leadership Development.
Experience & Qualifications
- CIPD qualified or qualified by experience to an equivalent level.
- Experience of the training cycle including Training Needs Analysis, Training Design, Training Delivery and Evaluation.
Experience in creating talent pathways at all levels of an organisation.
- Excellent training, coaching, mentoring and presentation skills with an understanding of adult learning theories and methodologies.
- Experience in succession planning and talent retention.
- Experience in facilitating 360 feedback.
- Knowledge in writing policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Proven experience in supporting large-scale projects and initiatives.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Experience of Change Management & Project Management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and influence.
- Excellent computer software skills – experienced in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.