Recruitment Specialist (Internal)
Owners and operators of the world-class Port of Nigg facility, together with strategic bases in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness, Global Energy Group are a service focused, performance driven business, offering construction, maintenance and enhancement solutions to a diverse range of energy industry customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced recruitment professional for the role of Recruitment Specialist (Internal) to join our growing People & Culture team. The Recruitment Specialist (Internal) will be based at our Head Office in Inverness on a full-time and permanent basis.
The Recruitment Specialist (Internal) is required to build cross group relationships with stakeholders of all levels.
Travel between our facilities within the Highland and Grampian areas is required therefore a current full UK Driving license is essential.
Areas of Responsibility
- People & Culture.
- Talent & Acquisition.
- Employer Brand & Value.
- Organisational Productivity.
- Employee Retention.
- Community Engagement.
Job Purpose & Objective
The role of the Recruitment Specialist (Internal) is to develop an engaging employer brand that attracts the best talent to our organisation – in doing so, driving organisational productivity by reducing time to fill open positions, increasing employee retention and building effective links within the local community to ensure an effective and managed pipeline into the business.
- Define, develop and market an engaging employer brand that attracts the best talent in the market.
- Develop talent acquisition strategies, talent pipelines and hiring plans; performing sourcing to fill open positions and anticipate future needs.
- Continually review recruitment processes, solutions and routes to market (direct, agency, social media, via educational establishments) to ensure we are finding the best talent and recruiting in the most cost-effective way.
- Learning from data and working with department heads to anticipate future resource needs.
- Keep abreast of market developments and stay ahead of our competition in terms of best practice in developing our employer value proposition – both internally and externally.
- In conjunction with the Talent and Leadership team, develop and implement industry leading apprenticeship programmes.
- Monitor salary benchmarking across the UK business to ensure we remain competitive.
- In conjunction with the Marketing team, facilitate and implement internal and external communications campaigns and programmes.
- Full execution of the recruitment process (including job posting, phone interviewing, job interviewing, regular communication with candidates and managers) including recruitment administration; continually looking for new ways to improve efficiency of systems and workflows.
- Maintain personal records and system integrity, always adhering to the needs for confidentiality and data protection.
- Proactive identification and delivery of external community initiatives that help build our CSR portfolio and improve brand perception.
- Act as a group advocate for our brand’s stance on equality and inclusion.
- Contribute to the development of the wider Group People strategy.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience of managing diverse recruitment campaigns.
- CIPD qualified desirable but not essential.
- An ability to influence and quickly build effective relationships.
- Project management and organisational skills.
- Experience in influencing senior stakeholders.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills – creating simple and engaging messages.
- Creative flair and an ability to see the bigger picture.
- High level of business integrity and professionalism with the ability to work on own initiative with little guidance.
- Innovative, customer focused and proactive approach to resolving problems; taking ownership and accountability.
- Excellent use of IT and Microsoft packages with the ability to generate meaningful data to support decision making.
- Management of all external recruitment budget.
- Works with executive team, heads of departments and managers across all functional areas.
- Expected to build and maintain positive relationships with educational institutions, key community institutions and suppliers.
- Expected to be across the UK labour market and be able to work with business owners and internal stakeholders to anticipate future needs.
Framework & Boundaries
- No formal sign off for transactions or suppliers but would make recommendations to People & Culture Director.
- Expected to influence the development of internal and external recruitment and employer brand initiatives.
- The role operates in an autonomous environment where judgement and influence are key to driving the team and business forward.
- The role is expected to act as a strong influencer both within the team and across the organisation to develop innovative solutions.
- Key relationships with marketing department, senior leaders and employees across the organisation.
- Responsibility to maintain operational relationships with key business suppliers on recruitment, educational establishments and CSR related matters.
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.