Global Energy Group, owners and operators of the world-class Port of Nigg facility, together with strategic bases in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness, are a service focused, performance driven business, offering construction, maintenance and enhancement solutions to a diverse range of energy industry customers.
South Fabrication is a service focused, performance driven business within the Group who offer construction, maintenance and enhancement solutions to a diverse range of energy industry customers.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Chargehand to be based at our Nord Centre facility in Aberdeen on a full-time and permanent basis (39-hours per week approx.)
Job Purpose & Objective
The role of Chargehand is responsible for the supervision operational activities within their area of the fabrication facility to ensure that efficient production is maintained in order to meet specified requirements. Also responsible for supervision of quality, health, safety and environmental matters within the facility and for the application of documented integrated management system procedures within the daily activities. The Chargehand must support in the overall delivery of the Group's business objectives through the aligning of deliverables to that of the individual Business Unit strategy.
- To undertake work and supervise as and when required as directed by supervisor to required standards, within required timescales, with full regard to the health, safety and well-being of self and other and in full compliance with all Group HSEQ procedures and legislative requirements.
- Establish a good working relationship with Supervisors and Colleagues to ensure efficient performance of running of his area of activities.
- Control and issue to subordinate personnel the specifications, procedures and drawings required to produce the finished product.
- Awareness of project documentation, procedures, processes and adherence to any particular quality plans or inspection and test plans in force.
- Supervision of work produced by the labor force, reporting and correction, in collaboration QA and management personnel.
- Adopt the safe use of fabrication machinery and overhead cranes, if trained and authorised, as necessary.
- Responsible for first line inspection of work to ensure it is of good quality.
- Ensure the selection, inspection and use of equipment, plant and tools are appropriate for the task.
- Ensuring that employees are adequately trained and competent to perform tasks.
- To be accountable for all employees under supervision.
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping in the work area and reporting any hazards using the companies HOC card system.
- Ensure the availability of, and adherence to, any relevant documented quality procedures or work instructions required to meet the relevant specifications.
- Selection, inspection and use of equipment and tools appropriate to the task.
- The application of all environmental/quality/safety procedures relevant in the performance of assigned tasks and for reporting any non-conformities to their immediate Supervisor.
- Assist in risk assessments, safety inspections and incident and accident investigations as required.
- Carrying out toolbox talks and site safety meetings to ensure all are aware of the Health, Safety and Environment risks associated with the work, environment and the required safe systems of work.
Experience & Qualifications
- Apprenticeship or Level 3 SNQ/NVQ equivalent in trade discipline.
- Demonstratable experience within a fabrication role or relevant industry.
- Possess strong management skills and the ability to review performance of the team.
- HNC/ONC in engineering/City and Guilds in related trade or SVQ/NVQ in a related trade is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of industry codes and standards is advantageous.
- Ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to ensure consistency and ability to produce required quality of work.
- Relevant supervisory experience in a similar position within the fabrication / engineering industry is preferred.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Our culture underpins everything we do, ensuring all our people are commercially astute, delivery focused, empowered, entrepreneurial and committed to building long-term working partnerships.
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.