Quality Assurance Engineer
Global Energy Group comprises a specialist range of service-focused companies and world-class facilities - all focused on delivering strategic excellence, meeting the challenges and objectives of our clients and looking ahead to the goals to come. Each company within our Group is drive by performance, rigorous safety standards and encouraging a shared culture of innovation and continuous improvement. It's our continued investment that drives these high performance standards and positions us as a leading partner for prominent energy industry clients across a wide range of sectors, and this investment extends to the most valuable resource we have - our people.
We are currently recruiting for two experienced and proactive Quality Assurance Engineers to join one of our specialist project teams focusing on work within the Renewable and Sustainable Energy sectors. The base location of the roles are determined by project requirements but is primarily based between our Port of Nigg and Invergordon Service Base facilities within the Ross-shire area. Due to current project demand, this roles are estimated to have a duration of 4-months (approximately) with the prospective of 50-hour working weeks.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Start Date: Immediate start available
Hourly Rate: Highly Competitive
Areas of Responsibility
a) Quality Assurance b) Quality Control c) Compliance d) Renewables e) Sustainability f) Nuclear
Job Purpose & Objective
The role of Quality Assurance Engineer is to ensure the effective performance of Quality Control activities required to demonstrate compliance with project specifications and standards and overall product and related service conformance to client requirements. The Quality Assurance Engineer reports to the Quality Engineer Lead / Manager on all matters relating to Quality, however functionally the Quality Assurance Engineer may communicate directly with the Senior Project Manager / Project Manager / Project Engineer on project specific quality issues and advise on the provision of project Quality Assurance & Quality Control services. The Quality Assurance Engineer plays a key role in promoting nuclear safety awareness and developing a Right First Time culture throughout the project. The Quality Assurance Engineer shall also support the overall delivery of project objectives.
- Establishing a good internal working relationship with Managers, Quality Control and Production personnel so as to ensure the effective and efficient operation of all quality related activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Group and the Client’s quality requirements are clearly understood, communicated and achieved by the project team.
- Ensuring that the appropriate levels of quality are met and that products and services are produced and delivered in compliance with customer expectations.
- Ensuring that the requirements of all quality procedures are met as well as the requirements of ITP’s (Inspection and Test Plans) where appropriate.
- Ensuring that effective quality control checks are performed by the QC Inspectors / Supervisors throughout all manufacturing process activities and that traceability records are maintained in accordance with project requirements.
- The Quality Assurance Engineer shall ensure the timely collation and approval of front end quality documentation and the LTQR (Life-Time Quality Record) dossiers in real time concurrent with production and service delivery.
- Establishing a good external working relationship with the client and be responsible for liaison with the Client and any third parties on all matters relating to Quality Assurance and Control.
- Subject to holding current Lead Auditor qualification the Quality Assurance Engineer shall, as required, perform/co-ordinate regular audits/inspections on all project activity both at Group sites and across the full depth and breadth of the project supply chain. They shall be responsible for the timely reporting of audit findings and close out of any NCR’s.
- Ensure that lessons learned (Learning From Experience) are captured and guidance notes produced and distributed across the project and wider Client / Group network. Lessons Learned will address both positive and negative learnings.
- Support and champion the development and maintenance of a Right First Time approach to project execution and promote an authentic nuclear safety culture across the project including throughout the Group's project supply chain.
- Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of Group and is within the remit of this post.
- Ensure work productivity is carried out in a safe and cost-conscious manner.
- Adopt and encourage right first-time practices and promote nuclear safety culture in all aspects of the project.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of similar quality assurance role within the fabrication and engineering industry.
- Nuclear sector or other high integrity industry experience including manufacturing, to nuclear quality grades and compilation of LTQR dossiers is preferred.
- Current Lead Auditor qualification to provide SQEP validation for execution of internal / external audits is also beneficial.
- Good IT Skills including Excel, Word and Adobe.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail with a focus on right first time.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Our culture underpins everything we do, ensuring all our people are commercially astute, delivery focused, empowered, entrepreneurial and committed to building long-term working partnerships.
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.