Project Engineer - Fabrication
Global Energy Group comprises a specialist range of service-focused companies and world-class facilities - all focused on delivering strategic excellence, meeting the challenges and objectives of our clients and looking ahead to the goals to come. Each company within our Group is drive by performance, rigorous safety standards and encouraging a shared culture of innovation and continuous improvement. It's our continued investment that drives these high performance standards and positions us as a leading partner for prominent energy industry clients across a wide range of sectors, and this investment extends to the most valuable resource we have - our people.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and proactive Project Engineer to join one of our specialist project teams focusing on work within the Renewable and Sustainable Energy sectors. The base location of the role is determined by project requirements but is primarily based between our Port of Nigg and Invergordon Service Base facilities within the Ross-shire area. Due to current project demand, this role is estimated to have a duration of 6-months (approximately) with the prospective of 45-hour working weeks.
Start Date: Immediate start available
Shifts: Day / Night Shifts
Hourly Rate: Highly Competitive
Allowance(s): Accommodation and travel
Areas of Responsibility
a) Project Engineering b) Renewables c) Sustainability d) Nuclear e) Quality
Job Purpose & Objective
The role of Project Engineer is responsible for coordinating allocated engineering aspects of project work and ensure that the work undertaken as part of the Scope of Work meets the standards laid down in the company quality procedures, International codes and client specifications. The Project Engineer must support in the overall delivery of the Group's project business objectives through the aligning of deliverables to that of the project strategy.
The Project Engineer is expected to be able and willing to work to the vision, strategy, and core values of the Group.
- Establishing close internal working relationships with the Project Manager, Senior Project Engineer, Facility Managers, Facility Superintendents, QC Inspectors, Supervisors and Production Personnel to ensure that project objectives are being achieved and that cost effective and efficient engineering practice is being undertaken.
- Ensuring that the Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager is kept appraised on any events that may have impact on the overall project delivery or completion date.
- Ensuring that the Contractor and Client’s quality requirements are met in relation to the performance of activities defined in the Scope of Work and underpinning Quality requirements.
- Ensuring that the Group and Client’s quality requirements are clearly understood, communicated and achieved.
- Assist the senior Project Manager with quality functions, customer care, service performance, HSE implementation and staff development for all those under their control.
- Establishing close external relationship with client and liaising with the Client’s Engineers on all technical matters.
- Identification of sub-contract activities, the award of the sub-contract and the control of sub-contractors.
- Identifying critical path components and ensure that long lead items are expedited and delivered so as not to impact on the overall project delivery schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring that through regular client interface & progress meetings, project targets are being achieved.
- Continual monitoring of project schedules to ensure they are being maintained.
- Ensure work productivity is carried out in a cost-conscious manner.
- Adopt and encourage right first-time practices and promote nuclear quality and safety culture in all aspects of the project.
- Authoring detailed and comprehensive Method Statements suitable for level 4 plan and ITP production
- Undertake technical and quality reviews of supplier provided documentation.
- Checking of design & fabrication drawings including cutting sheets, nesting sketches, profile drawings, etc. where required by the project.
- Responsible for procurement of project materials, subcontract activities and hires in line with Group procurement procedures and quality requirements in a cost effective and safe manner.
- Assist with estimating activities where necessary, such as managing multiple project quotation activities providing support, commercial and technical reviews.
- Undertaking regular HSE tours within the workshop facility’s ensuring project compliance with HSE requirements.
- Ensure all works are carried out to the relevant codes and standards.
Knowledge & Experience
- Engineering qualification and / or extensive documented experience as an Engineer in Fabrication or Engineering industry, preferably from a Nuclear or other high integrity industry where methods are process driven with attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written.
- Strong IT skills including Word, Excel, Teams, Adobe PDF, Outlook.
- Excellent team working skills as well as an ability to work alone.
- A full UK/EU driving licence.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD and Design Experience would be preferred.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Our culture underpins everything we do, ensuring all our people are commercially astute, delivery focused, empowered, entrepreneurial and committed to building long-term working partnerships.
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.