Owners and operators of the world-class Port of Nigg facility, together with strategic bases in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness, Global Energy Group are a service focused, performance driven business, offering construction, maintenance and enhancement solutions to a diverse range of energy industry customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced employee relations professional for the role of HR Advisor to join our growing People & Culture team. The HR Advisor will be based between our Head Office in Inverness and our Northern facilities on a full-time and permanent basis.
The HR Advisor is required to build cross group relationships with stakeholders of all levels.
Travel between our facilities within the Highland areas is required therefore a current full UK Driving license is essential.
Job Purpose & Objective
The role of the HR Advisor is to support the achievement of business and people objectives within the Group, assisting managers and our people through professional, commercial and pragmatic HR advice and support.
The HR Advisor provides professional and confidential HR advice, support and administration across the full range of HR activity and is expected to be able and willing to work to the vision, strategy and core values of the Group.
- Work in close partnership with a broad range of stakeholders across the business in response to a variety of HR queries.
- Provide support and direction with regards to all employee relations issues including investigations, disciplinary and grievances, redundancy and appeals in line with company policy.
- Act as the key focal point for assisting and advising employees on various matters in line with Company procedures and policies, using the appropriate formal and/or informal company framework.
- Assisting with the delivery of business wide HR projects as required .
- Maintaining key HR documents and procedures to ensure they are up to date and accessible to the HR team.
- Managing benefits, pension and insurance schemes and queries.
- Ensuring accuracy of personnel files, providing data and reports for analytical purposes.
- Give counsel and oversee complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases.
- Assist with the management and implementation of the business management system (BMS) encompassing quality assurance, health and safety and environmental matters.
- Support business Training and Development plans.
- Raise PO’s for training and services related to HR.
- Act as an ambassador of People and Culture Change programmes.
- Support business leaders in the integration of people related systems, including IGRIS and Learning Hub.
- Comply with and support the BMS within own scope of responsibilities and within the company as a whole.
Experience & Qualifications
- CIPD qualified or qualified by experience to an equivalent level.
- Previous experience in similar or relevant role within the Oil and Energy industries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and influence.
- Excellent computer software skills – experienced in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Hunger to continually learn and remonstrate relevant knowledge and expertise to achieve the best results.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adopt of collaborative leadership style in order to manage different areas across the Group effectively.
- Ability to focus on speed and fast track strategies to be able to solve unforeseen problems or incorporating new ideas and technologies.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Consistently achieve goals and deliver on expectations to build the reputation and brand of the Group.
- Recognise the importance of investing in employees and maximising their abilities for the benefit of the Group and our people.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.