Global Energy Group comprises a specialist range of service-focused companies and world-class facilities - all focused on delivering strategic excellence, meeting the challenges and objectives of our clients and looking ahead to the goals to come. Each company within our Group is drive by performance, rigorous safety standards and encouraging a shared culture of innovation and continuous improvement. It's our continued investment that drives these high performance standards and positions us as a leading partner for prominent energy industry clients across a wide range of sectors, and this investment extends to the most valuable resource we have - our people.
We are making effective changes and additions to properly resource the targeted expansion of our Corporate Payroll team and so, we have identified a requirement for an experienced and proactive Payroll Administrator to join a dynamic and progressive team based at our head office in Inverness on a full-time and permanent basis.
Areas of Responsibility
a) Payroll b) Pensions c) Processes & Procedures d) Confidentiality e) HMRC f) Customer Service
About the Payroll Administrator role
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Administrator works in close collaboration with staff and company stakeholders and is expected to be able and willing to work to the vision, strategy and values of the Group.
- Timesheet and payroll calculating, inputting and review.
- Maintain payroll records.
- Dealing with day to day payroll queries.
- BACS payments.
- Pensions administration support.
- Liaising with HMRC when necessary.
Experience & Qualification
- Experience in a similar role is preferred, but is not essential.
- The ability to organise and prioritise workload to meet company needs and deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on and organise multiple projects, handle interruptions and shifting priorities, maintain focus on tasks, pay attention to detail, and produce accurate work.
- A critical and methodical thinker/problem solver who is able to work under pressure, assess enquiries and exercise sound judgement.
- Capable of implementing best practice principles through continuous improvement.
- Consistently achieve goals and deliver on expectations to build the reputation and brand of the Group.
- Ability to handle confidential information and materials with discretion and integrity.
- Strong customer focus, consistently achieving goals and delivering on expectations.
- Hunger to continually learn new skills to progress and achieve the best results.
- Excellent typing, written, verbal and listening skills with the ability to professionally inform others.
- Be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Our culture underpins everything we do, ensuring all our people are commercially astute, delivery focused, empowered, entrepreneurial and committed to building long-term working partnerships.
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.