IT Systems Engineer
Global Energy Group are currently recruiting for an IT Systems Engineer, to join our Infrastructure team based in Aberdeen with travel to other facilities within the Group as and when required on a full-time and permanent basis.
Travel %: 10% (driving License essential)
Job Purpose & Objective
The IT Systems Engineer works as part of the Infrastructure team on key IT projects as well as the day-to-day support, ensuring the needs of the current and future business requirements are met. The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring Technical Services deliver 1st class IT systems and maintains a robust, efficient and cost-effective infrastructure that operates within industry standards. The IT Systems Engineer also supports the Service Desk, providing a customer focused escalation level that fully supports the desk in delivering its key SLAs.
- Manage Global Energy IT systems across networks, servers and all related business systems.
- Support the planning and delivery of the infrastructure tactical and strategic roadmap.
- Deal with major incidents, projects and new requests effectively and as a priority alongside strategic developments.
- Provide Escalation resources to support the Service Desk.
- Work with the infrastructure lead to plan, manage and prioritise workloads against business priorities.
- Fault management and rectification across the Infrastructure to agreed SLA/KPI's
- Work with 3rd Party suppliers to deliver services, consultancy and maintain the current infrastructure.
- Liaise with and deliver technical design solution proposals for internal and external customers.
- Production and maintenance of Operational and Technical Documentation to agreed standards, including ITIL and ISO 27001.
- Close integration with Service Desk to ensure customer needs are met.
- Ensure that all work is captured and logged using the appropriate ticketing systems.
- Ensure a robust change management processes are followed and documented.
- Provide or allocate infrastructure expertise into business and client led projects.
- Keep abreast of technology developments and current trends in infrastructure.
Experience & Qualification
- Understanding of MS Azure – IaaS/SaaS.
- Comfortable using O365 hybrid environment.
- Experience with Active Directory domain migrations.
- Ruckus or similar wireless systems.
- Proven track record of customer focused delivery of services.
- Knowledge of working within an ITIL environment.
- Technical & Specialist Knowledge of corporate infrastructures.
- Understanding of IT management processes.
- Ability to produce high quality operational and technical reference documentation
- Toolset skills for all aspects of this role.
- Work closely with the Service Desk to deal with escalated calls within SVL.
- Work closely with 3rd parties directly or indirectly supplying key IT service elements.
- Potential to work with all types of Group employees including VIPs.
- A point of contact for tasks delegated by managers.
- Links to H&S due to requirement to travel to sites.
- Links to key suppliers and clients of Global due to IT dependencies
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Our culture underpins everything we do, ensuring all our people are commercially astute, delivery focused, empowered, entrepreneurial and committed to building long-term working partnerships.
If you looking for a new challenge where you truly want to make a difference, please click on the APPLY button below!
CLOSING DATE - 15th October 2021
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.