Head of Market Intelligence (Aberdeen or Inverness)
We are seeking an experienced Head of Market Intelligence. Reporting to the
Marketing & Communications Director, you will play a pivotal role in
driving the growth and success across the multi sector group of portfolios.
This multifaceted role encompasses responsibilities in market intelligence,
strategy development and implementation, M&A and business development.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and trustworthy with a growth-mindset. They will support the organisation in defining opportunities that deliver on the future aspirations of the GEG Capital portfolios.
• Deliver local/regional/global market intelligence to identify market trends and potential opportunities across all GEG Capital businesses & market sectors
• Oversee regional/global competitor analysis to help understand how GEG Capital’s portfolios are positioned in the market versus competitors and identify associated threats/opportunities
• Ensure market data sources are kept live and potential opportunities are visible
• Conduct any other analysis as required to help support GEG Capital’s growth.
Strategy Implementation and Growth
• Support GEG Capital’s overarching growth strategy, articulating the connectivity across individual Portfolio strategies, as well as short, medium, and long-term tactics
• Support strategic business transformation projects across the GEG Capital businesses
• Identify, profile and support GEG Capital's business in developing strategic partnerships
• Support Business Development with key opportunities from identification, win planning, through ITT submission and award
• Support financial growth modelling for GEG Capital portfolios
Market & Customer interaction
• Develop relationships with cross sector trade bodies & institutions
• Develop strong working relationships across all GEG Capital Portfolio companies and office locations
• Maintain and develop customer relationships at all levels
• Attend relevant networking events and seminars.
M&A & Due Diligence
• Support due diligence on potential investment opportunities, including financial analysis, market research, and risk assessment
• Collaborate with the investment team to identify and evaluate potential investments, considering their alignment with the company's investment criteria.
• Support the integration of newly acquired assets, ensuring a seamless transition and alignment with the company's investment strategy
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement integration plans, addressing operational, financial and commercial aspects
• Monitor post-acquisition performance and make necessary adjustments to support the investment performance.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
The following are the minimum qualifications and level of experience
required to perform the essential functions of the role.
• Previous experience within the Energy sector in a similar role
• Excellent analytical, qualitative and quantitative skills
• Exceptional communicator, able to lead and support all levels of the organisation
• Strong attention to detail with a passion for accuracy
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent reporting skills with the ability articulate insight, report & opportunities to various levels of the organisation.
• Exceptional organisational skills.
Closing date 29th January 2024
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.