Group HSEQ Director
Owners and operators of the world-class Port of Nigg facility, together with strategic bases in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness, Global Energy Group are a service focused, performance driven business, offering construction, maintenance and enhancement solutions to a diverse range of energy industry customers.
We are currently looking for a highly experienced HSEQ professional for the role of Group HSEQ Director to join our growing organisation. The Group HSEQ Director will be based between our Head Office in Inverness and our Port of Nigg facility.
Travel between our facilities within the Highland and Grampian areas is required therefore a current full UK Driving licence is essential.
Job Purpose & Objective
The Group HSEQ Director is responsible for leading and supporting the business in all Health, Safety, Environment and Quality related services. The role provides functional leadership and technical support to ensure HSEQ elements across the business portfolios are suitable, compliant and implemented effectively.
You will lead the transformation and modernisation of HSEQ across the entire Group. You will provide strong leadership and develop effective risk management strategies and programmes to deliver improved HSEQ performance and reduce the Group’s exposure to HSEQ risks.
- Lead and direct all health, safety, environmental and quality related activities for the Group.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Group Sustainability Strategy.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and functional guidance to all Group personnel with regard to HSEQ attitudes and behaviours.
- Develop and embed a safety culture which is progressive and embraced by all.
- In collaboration with the Executive Team create and embed group wide HSEQ policies and practices.
- Providing health and safety guidance, oversight and advice for the Board of Directors to ensure safety is paramount at all times
- Set divisional annual performance targets and be responsible for managing and monitoring performance.
- Collate, analyse and interpret data to produce a suite of HSEQ reports, presentations and proposals.
- Provide independent assurance of HSEQ performance across the Group.
- Ensure HSEQ objectives and Key Performance Indicators are effectively disseminated and reported.
- Ensure management outcomes and industry developments in HSEQ are analysed to direct and guide improvement action across the Group.
- Lead a team that provides Health, Safety, Environmental and Emergency Response support to operations across the group.
- Provide HSEQ advice to the Exec, Business Unit Management teams and all personnel, whilst promoting line responsibility for HSEQ.
- Work with Business Units to help shape their energy transition ambitions, supporting GEGs low carbon transition.
- Assurance of the appropriate interface and engagement with core contracting companies (sub-contractors) in the pursuit of Group HSEQ excellence.
- Analyse, investigate and close out Incident and accidents, and ensure they are recorded in the Action Tracking System (ATS).
- Ensure ATS system is kept fully up to date, and actions within it are closed out in a timely basis.
- Analyse all Recordable Injury Cases (TRCs) and Near Miss incidents with potential and independently verify that an accurate Root Cause has been established.
- Chair Incident Review Panels (IRPs) of TRCs and NMs with significant potential.
- Develop and monitor both corporate and regional plans to meet HSQE policy/standard requirements.
- Support delivery of the Integrated Risk Based Audit Plan for HSEQ processes and operational activities to ensure continuous improvement.
- For any activity requiring a Safety Case (SC), ensure that it is prepared and maintained in accordance with relevant standards and regulations.
- Interface with all functions, portfolios and subsidiary HSEQ Managers as required. Incumbent has functional line authority to all HSEQ professionals in the Group.
- Interface with regulatory and industry bodies as required.
- Take an active role within industry bodies to ensure best practice is disseminated across the Group.
- Act as focal point and responsible technical specialist for health and safety topics.
Partner with the People and Culture team to develop and monitor regulatory eLearning modules related to Health, Safety and the environment.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experienced at a professional level with a proven track record in a similar role within the sector, ideally with proven Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance credentials.
- NEBOSH / IOS / COSHH qualifications to an advanced level.
- Relevant experience in leading HSEQ teams at a senior level.
- Significant experience of major hazard safety management.
- Understanding of onshore and offshore safety management.
- In-depth knowledge of industry codes and standards.
- Capable of developing company- wide strategy, processes and frameworks for Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Experience in collecting data, interpreting data and reporting data relevant to HSEQ performance as a Group.
- Experience in collaborating with entities beyond the Group such as government, policy influencers, technology providers, suppliers, customers and competitors.
- Act as a role model for HSEQ Compliance, behaviours and actions.
- Leadership, emotional maturity, resilience and ability to lead HSEQ in a complex organisation with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and influence senior management and stakeholders.
- Ability to think holistically, understand the context behind a problem and it’s relationship to broader trends.
- Strong customer and stakeholder focus, consistently checking in on the expectations of our key clients.
- A critical and methodical thinker/problem solver who is able to work under pressure, assess enquiries and exercise sound judgement.
- Capable of implementing best practice principles through continuous improvement strategies to deliver industry leading performance.
- Consistently achieve goals and deliver on expectations to build the reputation and brand of the Group.
- Demonstrate a vision, passion and drive to lead the continuous improvement of HSEQ across the Group.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.