First Response Engineer - Service Desk Response
Owners and operators of the world-class Port of Nigg facility, together with strategic bases in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness, Global Energy Group are a service focused, performance driven business, offering construction, maintenance and enhancement solutions to a diverse range of energy industry customers.
We are currently recruiting for a dedicated and enthusiastic First Response Engineer to join our Technical Services team based within the Aberdeen area. This role is full-time and will be on a permanent basis.
Please note that the nature of this role requires the ability to travel between facilities as and when required therefore a valid driving licence is essential.
Job Purpose & Objective
Acting as the face of Technical Services the role of First Response Engineer is to provide an essential user support service to Global Energy IT users. This position provides a critical service to our customers providing remote and physical technical support for users logging new requests or queries and issues relating to the Groups IT and telephony.
Workload is prioritized by the Service Desk Team Leader, driven by business needs and client requirements. The position involves ensuring that all IT software, equipment and telephony related problems are identified, logged and fixed according to Service Desk procedures. The position also involves providing technical support, advice and resources to new and existing IT/Telephony requests projects as required.
- Work effectively as an individual and part of the team to respond to first line enquiries in person, via email/IT Portal or telephone.
- Manage own time effectively in support of the Service Desk priorities as determined by the Service Delivery Manager.
- Log, manage and close calls within the appropriate Service Desk system.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line IT/Telephony support for software, infrastructure and desktop services provided to end users..
- Travel to Global sites as required to facilitate an effective service to users, which may include contractor, supplier or customer sites.
- Provide a consistent, high quality customer experience to end users.
- Maintain customer satisfaction levels, working with IT Management team to ensure standards are improved.
- Co-ordinate calls, issues and requests with 2nd line teams to ensure end user satisfaction and resolution.
- Deliver, install and set up IT/Telephony equipment as set out within the service catalogue or via user request.
- Effectively participate in service desk development.
- Adhere to ITIL, Service Desk and Group policies and procedure.
- Strictly adhere to site, Group and Business Unit H&S policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for training and self-development to contribute to Service Desk success.
Experience & Qualification
- Previous experience in a IT support environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in key enterprise IT systems such as Microsoft 365 etc.
- Demonstrable track record in IT Helpdesk environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Desire to progress and learn new technologies.
- Report to Service Delivery Manager.
- Work closely with IT management.
- Work closely with the 2nd line support teams to deliver solution.
- Work closely with 3rd parties directly or indirectly supplying key IT service elements.
- Potential to work with all types of Group employees including VIPs.
- A point of contact for tasks delegated by managers.
- Links to H&S due to requirement to travel to sites.
- Links to Business Units as highly visible role.
- Links to key suppliers and clients of Global due to IT dependencies.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.