The Business Systems Analyst will work as part of the Business Solutions Team to implement change throughout the Group. They will work with business users and development team to create functional specifications, test solutions, and produce documentation on system enhancements alongside traditional business analysis skills.
The individual is expected to be able and willing to work to the vision, strategy, and core values of the Group.
- Supporting business transition and helping to establish change.
- Understanding and mapping business needs and processes across the organisation
- Gathering, identifying, and documenting business requirements using a variety of proven business analysis methodologies.
- Document and articulate the impact of proposed solutions on benefits, costs and risks, in accordance with our marginal gain ethos and a focus on return on investment
- Work effectively with internal and 3rd party providers to scope, implement, test and deploy solutions to business problems.
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of training and
reference material on the new processes and software systems.
- Assist in the post go-live support of the systems and
ongoing continual improvement.
- Work closely with other Business Systems Analysts to
facilitate knowledge share.
- Interface with Business Units and any relevant Project
- Communicate requirements clearly and accurately to the
Software Development team for solution development.
- If required escalate any request to the Business Solutions
Manager for resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Business Solutions Manager.
Experience and Qualification
- A degree or other higher education qualification in a numerate discipline and/or equivalent experience within a commercial IT environment.
- Experience of the full product lifecycle.
- Experience working as a business analyst (or equivalent role) in a commercial IT environment for at least 1 year.
- Experience working with Microsoft technologies
- Office 365
- Power Platform
- SharePoint Online
- Ability to run and manage individual projects.
- Ability to learn new applications and systems.
- Effectively manage time while working on multiple
assignments with guidance as to relative priorities of assignments.
- Strong customer focus, consistently achieving goals and
delivering on expectations with the ability to relate to all levels within the
- Ability to handle confidential
information and materials with discretion and integrity.
- Ability to handle interruptions and shifting priorities,
maintain focus on tasks, pay attention to details, and produce accurate work.
- Hunger to continually learn new technologies to progress
and achieve the best results.
- Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills.
- A critical and methodical thinker/problem solver who can
work under pressure, assess enquiries and exercise sound judgement.