Business Admin Apprentice (HR)
Global Energy Group comprises a specialist range of service-focused companies and world-class facilities - all focused on delivering strategic excellence, meeting the challenges and objectives of our clients and looking ahead to the goals to come. Each company within our Group is drive by performance, rigorous safety standards and encouraging a shared culture of innovation and continuous improvement. It's our continued investment that drives these high performance standards and positions us as a leading partner for prominent energy industry clients across a wide range of sectors, and this investment extends to the most valuable resource we have - our people.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Business Admin Apprentice (HR) to join our People & Culture team on a permanent contract. This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday and will be based at our Head Office in Inverness.
Areas of Responsibility
a) People & Culture Operations. b) Facilities Management. c) Employee Relations. d) Talent & Leadership. e) Learning & Development. f) Talent & Acquisition.
Job Purpose & Objective
The role of the Business Admin Apprentice (HR) is to be a proactive champion for the Group mission, vision and values, building effective and positive working relationships across the People & Culture team and wider Group. Playing a key role in providing administrative services and working closely and collaboratively with the team to deliver on the People & Culture strategy.
The Business Admin Apprentice (HR) is required to act as the first point of contact in a welcoming and professional manner for visitors and callers to the Group and to undertake a range of other administrative tasks as identified by the People & Culture Operations Manager.
The Business Admin Apprentice (HR) is expected to be able and willing to work to the vision, strategy, and core values of the Group.
- Operate the main switchboard and accurately direct calls professionally, greets clients and visitors positively and professionally and notify relevant Group employee of visitors’ arrival.
- Coordinate all incoming and outgoing mail for the Group’s Head Office in Inverness.
- Develop relationships with external suppliers for all facility requirements such as:
- General building maintenance
- Security / alarm system monitoring
- Refuse / recycling collections
- Beverages / produce replenishment
- Stationery / cleaning material stock management and reordering
- Coordinate bookings for a variety of requirements such as:
- Hotels and Taxis
- Gym facility
- Weekly Car Valeting
- Employment Offers and Contract creation.
- Process paperwork for new starts and leavers across the Group.
- Liaise with the different business units across the Group on a weekly basis to obtain latest headcount data.
- Provide support to the Talent & Leadership Partners in the delivery of training.
- Maintain licence checks register and company vehicle log.
- Create and post job vacancies using the Group intranets, Group external websites and Group Recruitment LinkedIn page.
- Manage job vacancy applications, support the Talent Acquisition Partner in arranging interviews as and when required and provide applicants with relevant feedback.
Knowledge & Experience
- High School Degree – additional certification in Office Management or Business Administration is beneficial.
- Previous experience in a similar role where performing first point of contact and administrative tasks have been the main focus is desirable.
- Familiar with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on and organise multiple projects, handle interruptions and shifting priorities, maintain focus on tasks, pay attention to detail, and produce accurate work.
- Ability to handle confidential information and materials with discretion and integrity.
- Strong customer focus, consistently achieving goals and delivering on expectations.
- Hunger to continually learn new skills to progress and achieve the best results.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills with the ability to professionally inform others.
- Be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
Key relationships with People & Culture team, senior leaders and employees across the organisation.
- Stop work if not in compliance with HSE standards.
- Challenge the norm and intervene proactively with line management on any breach of HSEQ procedures or practices.
- Request information necessary to perform the task.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Comply with HSE Regulatory requirements at all times.
- Comply with site rules at all times.
- Demonstrate through action a proactive attitude towards HSE.
- Support through compliance our 10 Global Rules and HSE Policies.
- Responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment as provided when necessary.
- Undertake agreed training in order to provide a framework of knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the team/department/business unit in order to demonstrate and maintain required competency in role.
- Participate in regular reviews with relevant managers, identifying and agreeing action plans where appropriate.
- Comply with and support the Business Management System within own scope of responsibilities and within the Company as a whole.
- Responsible for developing, modifying and adhering to procedures and / or processes to support the System and its applications within own area of responsibilities.
Our culture underpins everything we do, ensuring all our people are commercially astute, delivery focused, empowered, entrepreneurial and committed to building long-term working partnerships.
Fill in the form below to enquire about this job.